Tuesday, July 31, 2007

Where's the Tylenol?

After hauling way-to-heavy luggage on my recent travels, I aggravated my upper back and right arm. I was in a lot of pain for a few days, but with ice and Tylenol, it is better.

I recently heard a friend talk about a trip she took with some medical missionaries to Honduras. She showed me a picture of a barefoot woman with a bundle on her back. After looking at the picture closely, I could see that the bundle was a baby--it was a Honduran style Bijorn.

This one particular woman had walked barefoot for 7 miles to get Tylenol. Tylenol--something I thoughtlessly pick up at the grocery store and thoughtlessly take for my little aches and pains.

I wonder how many times that woman had little and big aches and pains and had no way to relieve them. I wonder how many times her baby had a fever and she worried because she had nothing to give to her to help.

We take so many things for granted don't we. Maybe we should take a moment today to be thankful for even the smallest of things.

Journey on...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Rochelle, Rochelle, what a surprise to be mentioned in your blog!! It was so good to see you and get to catch up. I hope to see you soon and will pray that your back gets to feeling better quickly!

Rochelle said...

You inspired me DeAndrea =). It was SO good to visit with you too. Hope to talk to you soon friend.