Friday, November 9, 2007

Friday 5

Sally at Revgalblogpals writes:

I am writing in my official capacity of grump!!! No seriously, with the shops and stores around us filling with Christmas gifts and decorations, the holiday season moving up on us quickly for many the time from Thanksgiving onwards will be spent in a headlong rush towards Christmas with hardly a time to breathe.... I am looking at the possibility of finding little gaps in the day or the week to spend in extravagant unbusyness ( a wonderful phrase coined by fellow revgal Michelle)...So given those little gaps, name 5 things you would do to;

1.to care for your body
I have already started working on this one....for the last 8 weeks or so I have been getting up early and working out. Sometimes (if it is a nice morning) I'll walk. But since it is pretty dark in the morning's now, I go the YMCA. I feel wonderful.

2. to care for your spirit
Music has always been a balm for my soul. So I listen to my ipod when I work out (I put a whole bunch of new songs on it last week...my husband snuck a funny one in that made me laugh out loud while I was on the treadmill). Additionally, I find myself listening to it throughout the day. And maybe more importantly, I have been sitting down at the piano and playing.

3. to care for your mind
I have ordered the books for the upcoming Revgalblogpals discussions =). I am hoping to find some time in those little spaces to read. I do love reading and realize that I haven't been feeding my mind in that way much.

4. to bring a sparkle to your eye
My husband and I will be traveling to Texas for Thanksgiving. I grew up in Texas and the one thing I really want to do that I haven't done in a long time is go two-steppin' (if I can talk John into it =). So to bring a spark to my eye, I might try hitting a country western bar while I'm there =) hehe

5. to place a spring in your step
The working out thing is really helping with that. The better I feel physically, the springier my step is =).

and then for a bonus which one on the list are you determined to put into action?
What I am determined to put into inaction is worrying--there are so many details and things that can get overwhelming this time of year. So I am truly hoping to maintain a bigger picture perspective and not sweat the small stuff so much.

4 comments:

Sally said...

love this play- and well done on the getting fit part.

LutheranChik said...

I like the "items for inaction" twist at the end!

Teri said...

I feel the dark-in-the-morning problem, and am inspired by how you get up and go to the gym anyway! thanks for a good play.

revhipchick said...

great play and congrats on already having put #1 into action!

here's hoping you get to go two-stepping with your hubby!